Hi, I'm Leslie
CREATIVE DIRECTOR / DESIGNER / TREND EDITOR
Owner and creative director for a fashion print studio based in Southern California. I work with our team of designers from all over the world to create prints for our target market. And when you sell your art in fashion, knowing your target market is key!
Realizing the need for designers to learn this, along with strong layout and how to properly pitch, I created Portfolio Bootcamp. As Creative Director, I get pitched year round and I wanted to be able to take all the feedback I would give the designers who pitch me and package it up in one place. Portfolio Bootcamp teaches surface pattern designers how to design and pitch their portfolio successfully to fashion brands, companies and studios.
If that sounds like you...then you are in the right place!
Portfolio Bootcamp isn’t just a course on how create your fashion print portfolio. It's a roadmap for developing a marketable body of work.
A portfolio that is not just pretty, but profitable.
Sellable within the fashion industry.
I want to share some words from past PB students...
how would it feel to...
You may be pitching prints you designed for another industry to fashion brands.
- You may be pitching artwork that does not have a target audience
- You may be pitching studios and not hearing back
- You may be frustrated at the lack of sales
- You might be pitching layouts and repeats that don't work for the apparel market
I learned so much from Portfolio Bootcamp. I've been designing patterns for a few years, building up my portfolio. I now know what I need to do to begin marketing. I can't thank you enough, Leslie, for your generosity in sharing your knowledge and experience. Thank you!
— BETH KROMMES
I really enjoyed White Buffalo’s Portfolio Bootcamp. I learned how to find and focus on my style through exercises Leslie shared.
Her wealth of knowledge opened my eyes to the fashion industry’s expectations.
— RENEA GALLAGHER
Being in the fashion industry for over 17 years I was surprised that I didn’t know some of the requirements when presenting a portfolio to a potential client. Your detailed presentations are valuable which I took snap shots to reference back when I was revamping my portfolio. I can’t thank you enough and I can’t wait to see what else you provide.
— MANNI SINGH
I just wanted to thank you for the opportunity to take Portfolio Bootcamp.
It was really helpful to have your guidance and your final review with your experience! Thank you also for your encouragement to start sending the portfolio!
— ELETTRA BATTINI
So, what is inside the course?
Design Fashion Prints that Stand Out
In these two modules you will discover the secret to creating a more profitable portfolio.
- LEARN HOW TO DEVELOP A PORTFOLIO THAT CREATES DEMAND IN YOUR MARKET
- DISCOVER THE SIMPLE STRATEGY DEVELOPING A COLLECTION THAT IS UNIQUE TO YOU
- THE SIMPLE STRATEGY TO HAVING AN ARSENAL OF DESIGN CONCEPTS FOR YOUR PORTFOLIO AND BEYOND
Impactful & Sellable Designs
In these two modules, you will learn strong art direction and layout for your fashion prints.
- HOW TO DESIGN AND CURATE A PORTFOLIO THAT GETS YOU CLIENTS
- LEARN WHAT ART DIRECTORS ARE REALLY LOOKING FOR WHEN THEY GET PITCHED
- THE SECRET TO A SUCCESSFUL PRINT DESIGN
Color & Merchandising for Fashion Prints
In this module, you’ll learn how to create demand for your collection.
- COMMERCIAL COLOR
- PLANNING A STRONG COLLECTION THAT WONT END UP IN A PILE OF UNSCANNED WORK
- THREE WAYS YOU CAN ADD VALUE AND INCREASE INTEREST IN YOUR WORK
Your Design Processes
In this module, you will learn everything you need to know to set up, merchandise and layout your portfolio.
- LAYOUTS, REPEATS, MOCK UPS AND WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE PORTFOLIO
- THE QUICKEST WAY TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR PORTFOLIO SO YOU CAN PITCH MORE THAN ONE MARKET
- A SIMPLE STRATEGY TO DEVELOPING YOUR SIGNATURE STYLE AS YOU PROGRESS
- LEARN A RINSE & REPEAT STRATEGY YOU CAN USE TO DESIGN BEYOND YOUR PORTFOLIO
Portfolio Layout & Pitch
In these modules, you will learn how to structure your portfolio as well as craft your pitch and follow up process.
- THE TRICK TO EDITING YOURSELF SO YOU DON'T OVERWHELM POTENTIAL CLIENTS
- LEARN A PITCH AND FOLLOW UP STRATEGY THAT YOU CAN RINSE AND REPEAT EACH MONTH
- LEARN TO WRITE A GREAT BIO
- PITCH WITH THE SUPPORT OF A COMMUNITY AND COACH
You get the following support...
Access to a private community
3 Live Q&A sessions
Two Live Portfolio Reviews
The workshops encouraged me to focus my work, and find my unique selling point as a Surface Pattern Designer. The actionable tips and information shared in both the brand workshop and portfolio bootcamp have made the process of doing this so much more intentional and effective.
After finishing Portfolio Bootcamp, I honestly gained so much knowledge and understanding of who I am as a designer. Leslie delivered the content in such a clear, concise and relaxed way about finding your design niche. The workshop was broken down into really simple and achievable steps. I feel that I really learnt a lot about myself as a designer when putting together my brand vision and market mood board.
Everyone loves a free gift...
When you enroll with us this week, you will receive a FREE gift inside your course portal. A set of fashion print mock ups along with a demo on how to use as well as a Canva template for your portfolio set up. We thought these gifts would really help you to get your fashion print portfolio set up and looking amazing. Enjoy!
xx Leslie & Tanya
Fashion Mock Ups for pitching your Portfolio
Canva Template for your fashion print portfolio
You can enroll in our BUNDLE to add on:
FASHION PRINTS IN PHOTOSHOP
THE BUNDLE GIVES YOU ACCESS TO BOTH COURSES
Tanya (Schatzi) Brown is Surface Pattern Designer from Long Island, New York. Focusing mainly on creating patterns for fashion and home textiles, her style embodies a maximalist aesthetic using color, texture, and layering. Her work can be found in Urban Outfitters, Target, Wayfair, Macy’s and Nordstrom Rack.
- How to use and focus on the key tools and menus in PS for Surface Pattern Design
- How to use layers & selections tools
- Bring artwork into PS to work with from hand painted or drawn motifs
- Remove the backgrounds and prepare motifs for creating repeat patterns
- How to bring in digitally created artwork from the Procreate iPad app
- How to work in color separation from the beginning stages for maximum edibility
- How to access & edit color in several ways
- How to create seamless repeating pattern using TWO different methods
- When to use smart objects in repeating patterns
Plus many more bonus tips and tricks
Procreate Brush Set
PS texture Brushes
Practice Design files from course lessons
Taking Repeat Patterns has given me new skills to add to my workflow from Procreate to Photoshop. There are amazing nuggets to be found in this class. The content is broken down and usable with each lesson. Learning how to recolor in Photoshop will be a tool I use daily! I cannot wait to see what Tanya comes up with next.
Tanya was the perfect mentor for me! I loved her style and the way she used texture in her designs and wanted to take my PS skills up a notch so hired her to help me in one-on-one sessions. She is so knowledgeable and explained everything in a way that made it easy to understand. The real examples she demonstrated were invaluable. Working with Tanya was one of the best decisions I have made to improve my skills and pattern designs!!
Portfolio Bootcamp & Fashion Prints In Photoshop!
(Savings Of $150)